Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Saucy Goodness

Snow!!!  Finally!  Bring it on.  :-) 

We actually got out of school an hour early, as I'm sure some of you did, and I came home to watch the last 10 minutes of Ellen and the saddest Oprah show I think I've ever seen.  Then, I cooked some shrimpies (pre-butterflied!) on my George Foreman grill (just to see how it would work versus a grill pan-since I don't have one of those...).  I made that yummy shrimp salad again (recipe posted here!).  Go here to see my pictures of it's amazingness.  Jimmy got a turkey version this time.  :-)  Not too shabby:

 I just left it open and flipped them around.  It was fascinating to watch because shrimp are weirdly translucent before being cooked and then they turn all orangish.  Hey, at least you can tell when they're done!  That works for me. 

While working on my shrimp, I decided to finally cook the spaghetti squash (per Beth's instructions from our cooking date) and it was equally fascinating.  It just comes out in strings!  If you've never cooked a spaghetti squash before, here's what I did.

Step 1:  Cut it in half.

 Step 2:  Put each half in microwave for about 10 minutes. 
(Sorry, no picture!  Imagine it...)

Step 3:  Use a fork to shred the inside.

Step 4:  Dump insides into a casserole dish.

Step 5:  Add sauce and cheese and then bake til gooey.

Step 6:  Enjoy!  :-)

All in all, I think I'd make the spaghetti squash again.  I made kind of a creamy sauce to put on top of it and spiced it up with garlic salt and pepper.  Jim really liked it, but I think I prefer regular squash just steamed up.  Crazy, right?  Who doesn't like saucy, cheesy goodness!?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...