Thursday, January 6, 2011

Paper, Shallots, and Cast Iron. Curious?

Ah, Thursday.  Not quite yet Friday, but close enough.  It tastes sweet.  Weekend ahead looks good... especially with a dash of snow and a dollop of whoa-I've-been-married-for-a-year-on-Sunday!  :-)  Woot! 


Why is the traditional 1st anniversary gift paper?  Just curious.  I find it weird.  Granted, one could be very creative with how to give paper.  Hmm.

Regardless, we've decided to celebrate with a little getaway this weekend.  No paper for us!

<3

Anyway... I'm sure you're here because you want to see some pictures of food, right?  Right.  I thought so.  Here's what I concocted tonight:


I'm going to link you here.  Mainly because this is something like what I blogged about before and if you're at all interested in this, you may like my other messes in a pot.  :-)  Yep, mess in a pot.  We like.  Here's what it consists of:

Alissa's (Improved?) Taco Noodles
Leftover taco meat (whatever you got!)
1 pkg. wheat pasta (any kind of noodles)
Light alfredo sauce
Garlic salt
Chickpeas
Sliced mushrooms
1 Shallot
1 Clove of garlic
Parmesan cheese
Shredded mozzarella

Cook the noodles per instructions on the box/bag.  Add garlic salt to the noodles while they cook so they don't stick to the pot AND they taste amazing at the same time.  Drain the noodles.  Dump in a jar of light alfredo sauce.  Dump in leftover taco meat.  Drain and rinse chickpeas and add to mixture.  Chop up mushrooms, shallot, and a clove of garlic and add to mixture.  Stir!  Heat up so that everything is nice and warm.  Top with cheeses and serve!

Alissa's (Improved?) Taco Noodles

I suggest that they may be improved only because Jimmy said so.  He gave me a nice compliment and said that I took my Taco Noodles to a new level tonight.  :-)  You be the judge and let me know what you think! 

Side note:  I recently discovered shallots!

Other side note:  Below is a picture of my brand new cast iron skillet.  Now I just need to be brave enough to use it to broil my yummy salmon frittata recipe.  To be posted sometime soon (hopefully!) with pictures of my first broiling experience.  I'm scared!  For now, just oooooh and ahhhhh at my picture, please.  :-)

Ooooooh... ahhhhhh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...