Friday, January 28, 2011

Chop, Chop, Chop!

Don't worry, I'm not super crazy cooking girl today.  Just moderately crazy cooking girl.  Just kidding!  I only made one new thing today (mainly because my fridge is already too full of leftovers) and I didn't even have to cook it.  I'd say that makes me crazy chopping girl today.  :-)

Here it is:

Tuna and White Bean Salad (WW recipe)

Please note that I'm using my red mixing bowl and it's almost too small!  It's times like this that green mixing bowl would have done the job nicely.  *tear*

Did you notice that there's actually a form of meat in this dish?  Yep, meat returns!  Don't worry, meat never really left my kitchen... just the blog for a few entries.  For those vegetarians out there, just ditch the tuna and you're good to go.  This recipe was pretty easy and another one of those from the WW magazine that is apparently not online.  That means no link.  I halved this recipe and only ate a half of that, so, here's what you put in whatever giant mixing bowl you have (I'm sure it's best if it's a green one) to make 4 servings total:

-2 6 oz. cans of albacore tuna, in water
-1 15 oz. can cannellini beans, or other white beans, rinsed and drained
-2 c. grape tomatoes
-1 cucumber, peeled and chopped (I didn't add this because I didn't have it on hand.)
-1/4 c. red onion, sliced
-4 c. fresh spinach
-2 T. white balsamic vinegar (I used regular because I didn't have white.)
-1 T. fresh lemon juice
-1 T EVOO
-1/2 t. pepper
-1/4 t. salt (I used garlic salt... because I <3 garlic.)

Chop, chop chop!  Toss, toss, toss!  Eat, eat, eat!  Yum, yum yum... happy tummy.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...