Sunday, January 16, 2011

I heart soup.

Hey everybody!  (In my head I imagine that you are waiting patiently, with bated breath, until my return with a new blog.)  Yes, I did link "bated breath" because as I was typing that I wasn't sure how to spell it and found a site with that very debate!  It's amazing what's out there on the internet.  A little scary. 

Anyway, don't worry.  I know your breath isn't bated and I'm just glad you're here for a visit!  :-)  I feel like I'm sort of in a food rut because I've found some recipes that Jimmy and I really like and haven't tried a ton of new ones.  It can be expensive to try lots of food recipes all at once, like I want to do!  There's a carton of half-and-half in my refrigerator and I have NO idea why it's there.  My only guess is that I bookmarked a recipe somewhere that I wanted to attempt, got the ingredients, and forgot all about it.  No more of that, thank you very much. 

I have a better system now.  I make a list.  Lists are good.  So, I'll try that and see how it works.  I'm feeling optimistic! 

Here are some things that I made this week:

Spaghetti and Meatballs

I actually made real spagetti with meatballs this time.  I didn't really follow a recipe either... kind of made it up as I went along.  I used a jar of Ragu sauce, spiced it up with garlic, basil, and pepper, threw in some mushrooms and added it all to the cooked noodles.  I prefer whole wheat noodles, but I used regular this time because it's what I had in the pantry.  Then I made beef meatballs with a touch of parmesan cheese and stuffing mix, with a cheesy mozzarella surprise in the center.  It was some serious comfort food and now I can say that I've made spaghetti and meatballs. 

On Friday, my friend Danyelle came over for a little "Girls Night" and we ate yummy Spicy Cheeseburger Soup.  I forgot how much chopping is involved with it!  It was delicious nontheless.  Maybe even more so because of all the chopping.  I apparently added twice the amount of cheese that the recipe called for... which was amazing and a complete accident.  However, I could not add the bacon because it was frozen.  Fail. 

Danyelle did not fail.  She brought this for dessert:

Reese's PB Cake (mmm...)

So, I made the soup again the next day the right way to see if it made any difference!  Bacon is fascinating to watch when it's cooking.  The amount of grease that comes out of it is a little gross, though. 

REAL bacon!

Spicy Cheeseburger Soup

After all the yummy soup on Friday and Saturday, I thought I'd try to make a different soup today.  Much easier to make and very good!  

Spinach Cheese Soup

I heart soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...