Monday, November 29, 2010

Guacamole :-)

Happy Monday!  :-)

I only say this because the headache that has been plaguing me all afternoon finally went away.  I guess that's what happens after four days of Thanksgiving food and relaxation followed by a strict kindergarten you-can-barely-go-to-the-bathroom-because-you're-so-busy kind of day.  Back to the grind. 

So, as some of you already know, I've been doing the Weight Watchers program for a while now.  Weight has been a struggle for me for oh, the past decade or so.  It's coming off slowly now, but at least it's coming off.  Learning to cook has helped me enormously because I have more control over what kinds of things I put into my body.  I can't believe half of the things I used to stuff my face with... we won't go there (yikes!).  Anyway, I enjoy WW because it's all about continuing to eat real food, but being smarter about quality and quantity.  It's not "dieting" because it's not something you're supposed to ever stop doing.  WW teaches you how to eat healthier, move more, and life your live without feeling deprived.  No, I'm not in marketing for WW.  I just thought you should know the background before I rant.  :-)

WW changed their points system around today.  Yep.  I'm a little freaked out about it.  Mainly because all of the recipes I have that are WW now have different points.  All the food that I've gotten used to tracking has different points.  When I calculated what I ate today (including dinner), I was waaaay over my daily allotment.  Not good.  Hence the freakout.  I know it will be fine... I'll work with the change and it will probably work out to my advantage. 

So, I made these for dinner:

Fish Taco Lettuce Wrap

Yummy!  ...and pretty point effective.  (Thanks to Becky for the original recipe... I hope you don't mind me blogging my version of it, but it's one of my favorite recipes to make! <3)

Fish Tacos
Tilapia fillets (fresh or frozen)
Tortillas OR Lettuce leaves
Adobo seasoning
1/2 c. flour (I used whole wheat)
Cilantro
Optional toppings: salsa, sour cream, taco sauce, shredded cheese, guacamole, beans, etc.

Season the fillets with Adobo and cover with flour.  Put some olive oil in a pan over med-high heat and add fillets.  Cook the fish on both sides until white and flaky inside.  Divide fish over 4 tortillas (or lettuce leaves) and add optional toppings as you see fit!  :-)

Jimmy ate them like this:

Fish Taco (in a shell!)

I was a little jealous about his shells until I tasted my lettuce-wrapped taco.  Not too shabby at all!  I may have them again that way by choice (as opposed to by WW points available).  Plus, I think guacamole just makes everything better.

What's your favorite guacamole recipe?  I use this!  It's our favorite... seeing how we've become guacamole connoisseurs.  ;-) 


Here's hoping for a headache-free Tuesday! 

2 comments:

  1. Looks delish! I could not find the guacamole season packs at my store. So, I found a recipe online that has been a hit at two family gatherings so far. Its pretty simple...Avocado, red onion, serrano peppers, lime juice and salt/pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I don't know what a serrano pepper is! Must find out! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...