Thursday, November 11, 2010

Chili!

Birthday countdown = less than 2 days!  :-D

Tonight was a grilled cheese and soup night.  Mmm, it was scrumptious!  (I taught my kiddos that word today because we were learning about the letter Ss.)  On that note, I've used "scrumptious" several times naturally today... kinda strange.  Silly.  Superb! 

Anyway, the other night I made this:

Super Spicy Turkey Chili

I love me some chili.  I usually just follow the directions on the seasoning packet for chili... but I've gotten a little more bold with spicing things up.  I wasn't sure about using ground turkey for chili (I prefer beef) and so I spiced the heck out of it.  Serioulsy, this turkey chili was about to set our mouths on fire.  I'm not kidding. 

I also made these awesome Oklahoma biscuits!  They were a favor from a wedding we went to last month and they were tasty.  :-) 

"Shawnee Mills" Buttermilk Biscuits (Thanks Kimberly and Dan! <3)

I think good old regular chili is still my favorite though... using the packets directions, plus a little extra spice.  It's even better if you use taco-seasoned meat.  Plus light sour cream and RF cheese.  :-) 

Regularly Awesome Chili

...and I've recently become a fan of white chicken chili.  Also, spiced to perfection.  It's pretty good with cilantro on top. 

White Chicken Chili

Whoa whoa whoa... I almost forgot to mention the best chili of all time.  That would be Cincinnati Chili.  Unfortunately, seasoning packets are not available around here, so you have to follow really difficult directions to make it (unless you live near Cincinnati).  I have yet to attempt the recipe without the use of a packet, but I'll let you know how it goes when I do.  It might be worth it just to order the packets!!!  Mmm...

Which kind of chili do you like best?  Do you have a good non-packet chili recipe?

1 comment:

  1. i love turkey chilli, so much more delicious. yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...