Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I heart Brussels sprouts.

Not to make you envious, but I'm still in my pjs.  :-) 

I ripped myself away from the mindless television that I was watching to come and blog about what I made for lunch.  Aren't you lucky? 

So, who likes brussels sprouts?!  Me!  Me!  *waves hand around emphatically*  I love them.  I never have them, though.  My grandmom used to make them on holidays for me and my mom (she liked them, too!) and that was the only time I ate them all year.  It's about time I change all of that.  My cousin-in-law (I suppose that's what you would call her!) told me how she makes them and I couldn't wait to try it out.  I love brussels sprouts... and they are ridiculously simple to roast.  If I'm the only one eating them, so be it. 



Roasted Brussels Sprouts

All I did was spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, chop the brussels sprouts in half, coat them with a touch of EVOO, and sprinkle them with pepper and garlic salt.  They roasted for about 20 minutes and looked a little brown and crispy in some parts.  Still amazing.  Well, if you like brussels sprouts.  :-) 

I also made an Open-Faced Tuna and Artichoke Melt.  I've never used artichokes before... it's on my to-do list.  I kind of cheated this time because the recipe called for canned artichoke hearts.  Hey, still something new.  Below is the pretty onion I chopped.  I've decided if onion is minced enough, I'm okay with it being in my food. 





Open-Faced Tuna and Artichoke Melt

This was actually a lot better than I was expecting and I somehow had all of the ingredients to make it in my newly organized pantry.  I topped it with a little shredded mozzarella and instead of broiling it, because I was busy roasting my brussel sprouts, I used my fancy schmancy toaster oven.  Next time I'll have to brave the broiler.  I'm still a little nervous about that. 

Happy Tuesday!  :-)

3 comments:

  1. I heart Brussel Sprouts too! A highly under prized vegetable in my book. This looks delish! A great cold weather meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dislike brussel sprouts, however you make them look sort of edible, almost delicious. But i know in the back of my mind however as good they look they taste nasty to me. But enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Boulder! I was a little disheartened when I attempted to buy more and they were GONE from the store. :-(

    @Denise - I'll take that as a compliment! :-) When was the last time you had Brussels sprouts? Maybe you'll like them now!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...