Sunday, September 19, 2010

Happy Bacon Day!

Just kidding... it's really not Bacon Day.  Actually, I just tried to google "Bacon Day" to see if there was one and came up with no definitive results.  Apparently, everyday is Bacon Day!  Anybody know if there's an official "Bacon Day"? 

Here's what I made tonight...

Bacon Noodley Goodness
1 pkg. whole wheat noodles
1 jar light alfredo sauce
1 pkg. turkey bacon
garlic salt
shredded mozzarella cheese

I chopped up the bacon first and put it all in a frying pan.  It took a while because there was lots of meat and bacon should be cooked on lower heat, but worked well.  You could also cook it first and then chop it.  Whatever you like!  In the meantime, I cooked and drained the noodles and then stirred in the alfredo sauce.  When the bacon was ready, it got dumped into the giant mess.  Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and serve! 

Hubby is very excited to be taking the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.  I'm a little jealous.  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I think it's September 4th, but really it is every day because bacon is that awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...